‘’’Pat's comment: This page talks a lot about the reasons a customer needs this service, but does not describe how MeasureWatch actually works. Is this intentional? A customer is going to want to see at least a little something describing what he's actually buying. -P ’’’
‘’’Rick's response: Ok. I have two suggestions: 1. Add a 'Here's how it works' section (I've added one below), 2. Can you add an in-window video of an i1Pro COLORef and MW process? Or at least a link to a YouTube video? -R ‘’’
MeasureWatch Verify is a service of Maxwell specifically for tracking spectrophotometer instrument accuracy and performance over time. Rather than track the variation in your printer, this track is dedicated to tracking your measurement instrument. The Maxwell Client and Maxwell Online work together to make this particularly easy:
- When your instrument is plugged into the Maxwell Client, it is automatically registered with Maxwell.
- Purchase the MeasureWatch service, and:
- We send you a reference strip (the Vogelsong COLORef),
- and create a MeasureWatch track for your instrument.
- Press the MeasureWatch button and measure the COLORef with your instrument.
- The results are instantly compared to the CHROMiX reference we made with a NIST-tracable instrument.
Actual example of a failing measurement instrument
- You can see how your instrument stacks up against our benchmark measurement.
- Following the trend of regular MeasureWatch measurements allows you to see when your instrument suddenly falls out of spec, or when it gradually drifts away from conformance.
MeasureWatch keeps an eye on your instruments, giving you confidence in your QC and saving you money.
When it comes to your color, what do you really know?
Can your verification system survive one level of questioning?
Do your customers' instruments agree with yours?
"My proofer is within 2 delta-E" ... do you really know that?
- Don't forget, EVERY measurement includes the error from the instrument.
- Do you have your instrument recertified yearly? Do you need to?
- Does your instrument drift over time?
- Do your instruments measure the same? How far are they apart?
- Do you have a system for tracking instrument age, use, maintenance & recertification?
Four causes of instrument differences
- Repeatability (noise and drift)
- Your instrument can vary over time. Sometimes it's caused by noise making each measurement (of the same patch) change a bit. Other times it's caused by the instrument changing due to its lamp fading, calibration patch getting dirty, or other factors.
- Standardizing on a single instrument model doesn't always mean your measurements will be identical. Instrument aging and other factors will make them differ over time.
- Instrument technology, filters, configuration and physics can give different numbers from the same samples. You might choose one instrument for speed and another for flexibility. Understand how their differences affect your errors.
- Instruments from different manufacturers might be calibrated to different standards, make use of different math or follow different design methodologies.
MeasureWatch will help you determine what is contributing the most to your measurement differences. Weed out the bad instruments. Know when variation is due to the media or other factors.
MeasureWatch Control - control and document your measurements
MeasureWatch Control is included with all Maxwell color measurement services. We feel it's imperative that you trust your measurements.
- Tie color measurements to instruments
- Wondering about a failed proof? Check the instrument history.
MeasureWatch Verify - track your color instruments
Confirm the accuracy of your color instruments:
- Track color instrument performance with Maxwell’s flexible pass/fail & notification services
- Control how often verification is to occur
- Suspend use of failed instruments & expired color references
- Save money & gain confidence in recertification process
Achieve compliance with less work and money
- Traceable to NIST for ISO-9000 compliance
- Complements XRGA & new ISO activities
- XRGA does NOT verify instruments in the field
- Inexpensive - just another Maxwell track
- Works with Maxwell pass/fail services or other systems
- Supports COLORef and other certified color references
- Maxwell hosts all COLORef reference measurements
- Just key in the serial number and go! No need to upload files.
|Manufacture||Model||Supported?|| Notes |
| || X-Rite|| i1Pro || yes || |
| || X-Rite || i1Pro2 || yes || |
| || X-Rite || i1iSis || yes || |
| || X-Rite || i1iSis2 || yes || |
| || X-Rite || eXact || yes || Works along with X-Rite DataCatcher |
| || Techkon || Spectrodrive || yes || |
| || Konica Minolta || FD-9 || yes || |
| || Barbieri || LFP || yes || |
| || Barbieri || Spectropad || yes || |